Yesterday (February 27 2015) I issued new earthquake watch zones along the West Coast of the United States, Mexico, and South America.
Today (February 28, 2015) a 4.7M earthquake struck inside the warning zone marked with a red box over Mexico.
Here are the statistics on this event from the USGS:
Data Source US1
- 2015-02-28 20:41:27 (UTC)
- 2015-02-28 14:41:27 (UTC-06:00) in your timezone
- Times in other timezones
- 111km (69mi) WSW of El Dorado, Mexico
- 116km (72mi) SW of Navolato, Mexico
- 117km (73mi) SW of Campo Gobierno, Mexico
- 124km (77mi) SW of Costa Rica, Mexico
- 1077km (669mi) WNW of Mexico City, Mexico
|Magnitude / uncertainty||4.6 mb± 0.0|
|Location / uncertainty||23.915°N 108.365°W± 9.0 km|
|Depth / uncertainty||16.4 km± 5.1|
|Number of Stations||–|
|Number of Phases||103|
|Minimum Distance||431.36 km (3.88°)|
|Travel Time Residual||1.44 sec|
|FE Region||Gulf of California (49)|
If you like my earthquake research, please consider giving to my fundraiser.
Viewer support is needed!! I don’t sell anything, and do not charge for my information. I want to always keep it this way.
In exchange for all free work, I offer this donation option. You choose what you want to give, what you think my work is worth.
Secure link to give is here:
Many, many, thanks to all who give! Much love to all viewers/readers regardless of giving!